Friday 15 April 2011

Trouble with Headcollars

Does anyone else have trouble finding suitable headcollars for showing Shetlands?  I've used the same nice traditional dark brown leather headcollars for my miniatures from day 1, but now, faced with the 'should be simple' task of procuring a headcollar for our new Standard, I have struck a catalogue of difficulties.  Firstly, I found one, size 'Shetland' online.  Great - I ordered it promptly.  No, sorry, out of stock, discontinued.  The supplier referred me to the manufacturer.  I rang the manufacturer, they were unable to comment on the actual size of their headcollars, as they didn't know what they measured!!  Undaunted, I tried a local supplier - out of stock, awaiting new supplies from France (8 weeks and counting).  So I went to a saddler's, armed with the lilac webbing headcollar I use for everyday.  The assistant measured the headcollar briskly against a leather one, and said it was suitable.  Unfortunately, it wasn't.  It was too big.  I returned, it, but they didn't have a smaller one, so they ordered one.  That was too small, so they made an extra hole in the large one, as I needed it urgently for a show.  The headcollar was clearly still too big, so I tried one on ebay.  It was too small, so I am currently awaiting a further supply of a larger one.  Is it just me, or is this altogether too complicated???

No comments:

Post a Comment